Interior Design with Experience, Accreditation & Industry Acclaim
Kellie Toole has more than 20 years experience as an Interior Designer, after graduating with her degree from The Ohio State University.
She made the leap to start her own design firm, Kellie Toole Interior Design, Ltd in 2006. Though it was difficult to leave her beloved coworkers and employer, the move served to strengthen her love of Interior Design and to reaffirm this is where she should be.
Throughout her career, ASID (American Society of Interior Designers) has been a driving force to strengthen her design theory and aesthetic through continuing education and the undeniable camaraderie and support that comes with an active national organization. Kellie gained Professional Member status in 2003 when she successfully passed the NCIDQ (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) exam.
Kellie has also served in many leadership roles, lending her expertise to ASID (American Society of Interior Designers):
- ASID Columbus Design Community Chair 2004-2006
- ASID Ohio South / Kentucky Chapter Director at Large 2006-2008
- ASID / Decorators' Show House Designer Committee Chair 2007
- ASID Ohio South / Kentucky Chapter President Elect 2008-2009
- ASID Ohio South / Kentucky Chapter President 2009-2010
- ASID Ohio South / Kentucky Chapter Student Affairs Chair 2012-2013
Community Service Initiatives
- Giving back to the community using the combined efforts of the ASID Columbus Design Community was a concept Kellie Toole and her ASID Mentor, the late Judith Ledbetter, rejuvenated in 2005. With help from many of her ASID colleagues spearheading different projects, they have served New Horizons, YWCA, and Camp Mary Orton, just to name a few. Kellie hopes the tradition will continue for many years to come.
- New Horizons helps women in transition with stable housing. ASID members, Industry Partners and valued Trades People helped rehab 3 units near Childrens Hospital, over three years. In an interview for the 2014 BIA Parade of Homes, Kellie had this to say regarding good design and the New Horizons project:“Clinically speaking, close attention to balance, scale and function are the elements of good design. Personally speaking, it goes deeper than that for me. Good design means the client feels at home in their surroundings, regardless of the budget. It functions exactly the way their lifestyle (or work style) demands... Good design is when a group of ASID Designers and Industry Partners get together for a worthy cause; remodeling, designing, and decorating a home for multiple homeless women in transition. Good design is when you return to the same home a couple of years later, and it is EXACTLY the way you left it. Perhaps for the first time, they had something to be proud of, where they can close the blinds and escape the landscape of poverty and addiction. Good design is when the client takes complete ownership.”The entire interview is at: http://www.compasshomes.com/news/introducing-kellie-toole
- Camp Mary Orton is part of the Godman Guild who's mission statement is to promote strong families and strong communities in Columbus. Camp Mary Orton has served thousands of children with summer camp opportunities. Kellie and other ASID members helped to rehab cabins for even more campers.
- Kellie Toole Interior Design Ltd. is also proud to participate in ASID Student Mentoring Programs annually since 2004, as well as the Decorators' Show House benefiting The Columbus Museum of Art for countless years.
Interior Design & Remodeling Awards
Though awards don't convey the exceptional customer service clients receive with Kellie Toole Interior Design, Ltd it sure is nice to be recognized!
Leadership and Service Awards:
ASID Chapter Service Award 2005, 2006 & 2008
ASID Chapter Presidential Citation Award 2007, 2009, 2013
ASID National Certificate of Appreciation in Recognition of Outstanding Service as ASID Ohio South / Kentucky Chapter President 2010